||Acetaminophen and Phenyltoloxamine
|Typical Brand Names:
||Dologesic, Flextra, Novagesic, Rhinoflex, Staflex
This combination medication is used to treat the minor aches and pains (e.g., headache, backache, toothache, joint pain, cramps) associated with menstrual periods, colds, flu, dental problems, or arthritis. It is also used to reduce fever.
Flextra DS may also used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.
|Flextra DS (generic) 500 mg - 30 Tabs
|Flextra DS (generic) 500 mg - 60 Tabs
|Flextra DS (generic) 500 mg - 90 Tabs
|Flextra DS 500 mg - 30 Tabs
|Flextra DS 500 mg - 60 Tabs
|Flextra DS 500 mg - 90 Tabs
|Check Your Order Status
or Call Toll Free 877-479-2455 for 24x7 Customer Support
Flextra DS Directions To Use
Take acetaminophen an phenyltoloxamine exactly as directed. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Take each dose with a full glass of water.
• Never take more acetaminophen and phenyltoloxamine than is directed. The maximum amount of acetaminophen for adults is 1 gram (1000 mg) per dose and 4 grams (4000 mg) per day. Taking more acetaminophen could cause damage to your liver. If you drink more than three alcoholic beverages per day, talk to your doctor before taking acetaminophen and phenyltoloxamine and never take more than 2 grams (2000 mg) per day.
• Consult your doctor if your symptoms do not improve within 10 days (or 5 days for children under 12 years of age) or if they get worse. Do not use this product to treat a fever for more than 3 days.
• Store acetaminophen and phenyltoloxamine at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Flextra DS Warnings and Side Effects
Tell your doctor your medical history, especially of: lung problems (e.g., bronchitis, emphysema), glaucoma, enlarged prostate or any allergies. This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy; use caution engaging in activities requiring alertness such as driving or using machinery. Limit alcoholic beverages. Flextra DS may cause liver damage. Daily use of alcohol and Flextra DS may increase your risk for liver damage (symptoms include nausea, stomach pain, dark urine). Check with your doctor or pharmacist for more information. Caution is advised when using this product in children because they may be more sensitive to the effects of the drug (e.g., increased excitability). Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medicine. It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking acetaminophen and phenyltoloxamine and seek emergency medical attention:
· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
· liver damage (yellowing of the skin or eyes, nausea, abdominal pain or discomfort, unusual bleeding or bruising, or severe fatigue);
· blood problems (easy or unusual bleeding or bruising); or
· low blood sugar (fatigue, increased hunger or thirst, dizziness, or fainting).
• Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur including:
· dry eyes, nose, and mouth;
· drowsiness or dizziness;
· blurred vision;
· difficulty urinating; or
· excitation in children.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
Flextra DS Missed Dose
Take the missed dose of Flextra DS prescription muscle relaxer as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose of Flextra DS prescription muscle relaxer, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of Flextra DS prescription muscle relaxer.
Flextra DS Storage
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
Flextra DS Overdose
The following symptoms indicate an overdose, get medical help immediately: difficulty breathing, extreme nervousness or restlessness, flushed skin, hallucination, racing or irregular heartbeat, seizure, shortness of breath, tiredness (extreme), unstable temperature, unusual muscle stiffness, vomiting (in combination with these other symptoms).
Flextra DS More Information
DO NOT DRIVE, OPERATE MACHINERY OR DO ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD BE DANGEROUS until you know how you react to this medicine. Using this medicine alone, with other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or to perform other potentially dangerous tasks. Do not take additional acetaminophen for pain or fever without checking with your doctor or pharmacist. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions about which medicines contain acetaminophen. ALCOHOL WARNING: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take Flextra DS or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Flextra DS may cause liver damage. Alcohol use combined with this medicine may increase your risk for liver damage.
Flextra DS Disclaimer
This drug information is for your information purposes only, it is not intended that this information covers all uses, directions, drug interactions, precautions, or adverse effects of your medication. This is only general information, and should not be relied on for any purpose. It should not be construed as containing specific instructions for any particular patient. We disclaim all responsibility for the accuracy and reliability of this information, and/or any consequences arising from the use of this information, including damage or adverse consequences to persons or property, however such damages or consequences arise. No warranty, either expressed or implied, is made in regards to this information.