|Typical Brand Names:
||Derma-Smoothe/ FS, Fluonid, Flurosyn, FS Shampoo, Synalar, Synalar-HP, Synemol
This medicine contains the active ingredient fluocinolone acetonide, which is a type of medicine known as a corticosteroid (or steroid). Corticosteroids are hormones that are produced naturally by the adrenal glands, and have many important functions, including control of inflammatory responses.
Fluocinolone is a synthetic corticosteroid and is used to decrease inflammation in the skin. When applied to the skin it is absorbed into the skin cells. Here it works by preventing the release of certain chemicals from the cells. These chemicals are important in the immune system, and are released as a result of allergy or irritation. They cause blood vessels to widen, resulting in the affected area of skin becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful, such as is seen in dermatitis or eczema. By decreasing the release of these chemicals in the skin, fluocinolone reduces inflammation and relieves itch.
There is a range of potencies of corticosteroids available for application to the skin. Synalar cream, ointment and gel contain fluocinolone 0.025% and are classed as potent corticosteroids. Synalar 1 in 4 dilution contains fluocinolone 0.00625% and is classed as moderately potent, while Synalar 1 in 10 contains fluocinolone 0.0025% and is classed as a mild corticosteroid. All are prescribed to treat various inflammatory skin disorders, such as eczema and dermatitis.
Synalar 1 in 4 and 1 in 10 dilutions are designed for use in milder forms of inflammation. They are suitable for use after more severe skin inflammation has been controlled using the higher strength preparations, and as they are milder thay are also more suitable for use in children and under airtight dressings.
Synalar creams may be more suitable for moist, weeping areas of skin, while the thicker, more greasy ointments may be more suitable for dry, scaly areas of skin. Synalar gel is a non-greasy formulation that is lighter than the creams and ointments and is more suitable for use on the scalp and other hairy areas of skin.
|Synalar Cream 0.025% 15 gm - 1 Tube
|Synalar Cream 0.025% 15 gm - 2 Tubes
|Synalar Cream 0.025% 15 gm - 3 Tubes
|Check Your Order Status
or Call Toll Free 877-479-2455 for 24x7 Customer Support
Synalar Cream Directions To Use
• Apply the medication exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Wash your hands before and after each application, unless you are using Synalar Cream to treat a hand condition.
• Apply a small amount to the affected area and rub it gently into the skin.
• Use caution on areas where the skin creases, such as armpits, knees, and elbows. These areas may absorb more medication. Also, avoid the eyes, mouth, and mucous membranes.
• Use the shampoo as directed by your doctor.
• If you need to protect the area, it can be covered with a breathable cotton-gauze dressing. Avoid using plastic, occlusive dressings that do not allow air to circulate to the area. Plastic pants and diapers may be harmful if used over fluocinolone on a child.
• Do not use Synalar Cream to treat any area of the body that it is not prescribed for. This could be dangerous.
• It is important to use Synalar Cream regularly to get the most benefit.
• Store Synalar Cream at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Synalar Cream Warnings and Side Effects
If your condition shows no signs of improvement or becomes worse within a few days, check with your doctor. Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not use Synalar Cream longer than the time prescribed. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding before taking this medicine.
• No serious systemic side effects are expected unless a large amount of Synalar Cream is used for a long period of time. If the drug is being absorbed by the body, you may experience blurred vision, halos around lights, an irregular heartbeat, insomnia, mood changes, weight gain, or fatigue. If you experience any unusual side effects, notify your doctor.
• Less serious side effects are more likely to occur. You may experience some redness, blistering, burning, itching, or peeling. Continue to use Synalar Cream and talk to your doctor about your side effects.
• Other local side effects may also occur, especially with prolonged use of Synalar Cream. These may include thinning of the skin, prolonged redness, and stretch marks.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.
Synalar Cream Missed Dose
If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next application, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Synalar Cream Storage
Store Synalar Cream at room temperature, away from heat and light. Keep out of the reach of children.
Synalar Cream Overdose
An overdose of Synalar Cream is not likely to threaten life. If the medication is ingested, or if a large amount is used over a large area and side effects are being experienced, call an emergency room or a poison control center near you.
Synalar Cream More Information
Do not use this medicine for purposes other than those for which it was prescribed. Do not share Synalar Cream with others.
Synalar Cream Disclaimer
This drug information is for your information purposes only, it is not intended that this information covers all uses, directions, drug interactions, precautions, or adverse effects of your medication. This is only general information, and should not be relied on for any purpose. It should not be construed as containing specific instructions for any particular patient. We disclaim all responsibility for the accuracy and reliability of this information, and/or any consequences arising from the use of this information, including damage or adverse consequences to persons or property, however such damages or consequences arise. No warranty, either expressed or implied, is made in regards to this information.